Glad you asked! You might see us use the term 'enterprise-grade' features when describing certain feature sets that Springboard Retail POS offers. We describe our software as, "more than just Point of Sale" because in reality it's an entire Retail Management System. You can use Springboard Retail POS for much more than ringing up a sale. With Springboard Retail, you can manage orders, customers, inventory and purchasing and also easily and conveniently build highly customized reports to help you grow a smarter, more profitable retail business. The 'enterprise-grade' features offered by Springboard Retail are user-friendly and affordable compared to traditional systems, perfect for small to mid-size retail.
Our founders built Springboard Retail because they were looking for a feature-rich POS that could serve as a flexible Retail Management platform and hub for their 12 stores. When they couldn't find it, they designed their own retail enterprise software from the ground up. They specifically needed 'enterprise-grade' features and robust reporting tools so that they could make informed decisions based on solid data. So, what are some of the features we're talking about? Let's take a look in more detail!
1. POS Permissions and Role Features Enterprise retailers typically have segregated roles and responsibilities. For example, buyers, warehouse managers, key holders, sales associates, merchandisers, bookkeepers, etc... It's very important for a POS system to be able to delineate between different roles. Springboard Retail POS has a robust role and permissions feature that allows you to assign permissions at a very granular level – allowing only certain roles to have access to specific features. For example, you may not want a part-time sales associate to have permission to override a selling price or export a complete gift card or customer list. Segregation of duties is important to enterprise retailers and Springboard Retail provides appropriate access and accountability to the roles and jobs you have defined. Additionally, the software also allows access to certain reporting based on the permissions and locations assigned to the user's role. For examples, you may not want your store manager in location B having access to the same reporting in location A. Springboard Retail's role and permissions feature, Creating-and-editing-roles and permissions, allows you to put necessary controls in place amongst your employee's roles of responsibility.
2. POS Promotion Features Springboard Retail allows you to change the selling price of an item in multiple ways (obviously based on the user's roles and permissions as described in #1 above!). The promotion feature is one of those ways and it acts as a control to ensure that product is sold at the intended price, in a specified location, at the right time. For instance, you can have a weekend sale and promote, "everything by this vendor is 10% off" and rely on a POS feature that ensures accuracy – items by that vendor will automatically be rung in at the intended price from Midnight Friday until Midnight Sunday. Overriding prices manually, one item at a time, or at the ticket level, leave much room for human error and individual judgment! The promotions feature is very flexible, it can be set up ahead of time with start and end dates/times. You can also run a report of all promotions (price overrides) for certain types of customers, (ie) a list of all employees, VIPs, friends and families and see what they purchased at what price. Our promotion feature is built with flexibility in mind – BOGOs, giveaways, spend X and get X (dollar or percentage) off, buy 4 get the 5th __ % -or ___$ off– you can do it all! Because we have been retailers, Springboard Retail promotions feature works the way you need and expect it to! Here's how you can create promotions.
3. POS Advanced Reporting Features As a retailer, you know what you want to report on and when you want to report on it! All of the metrics we capture are reportable - at no extra cost! Each role or responsibility at your retail business may require different reporting needs. Springboard Retail's advanced reporting lets you see the metrics you want; you can build the reports you require to run your department, area of responsibility, or business at any time – no more waiting for a developer to add a field or two to a report! With filtering, a ‘select to add’ and then ‘drag and drop’ you can add and move report column and row headings. You can drill down to the level you want (for example, maybe by hour, sales rep or ticket / item). If you are a regional manager and need to see data by a specific location or a gift buyer within an apparel store, you can filter and drill down (or up) to the level of detail you require. Deepest styles (in all, one or select categories) that aren’t moving. Payments by ticket. Sales by individual associate by hour. Inventory rollforwards. Adjusted inventory amounts (quantity and costs) by reason, day, user. You name it, this enterprise-grade POS features will deliver. Here is an article from our support center on creating and running-reports in Springboard Retail
4. POS Partial Count Feature All retailers need to consider physical counts to ensure their on-hand inventory balances are accurate. Springboard Retail not only has an easy-to-use and robust full inventory count feature but also allows you to do partial or cycle counts. So, if you want your staff to perform periodic physical counts, it's not a problem! For example, you can choose to count all items in your store by one vendor or a specific item category each night/day to help identify problem areas… maybe theft, barcoding, or transfer issues. You can easily manage a partial count at any time! Check out how easy it is to use this feature: Completing full and partial physical accounts
5. POS Custom Branding Feature Your company brand and logos are important to you. You want your customer to see it as often as you can. Springboard Retail POS has a custom branding feature that allows you to include your branding (colors and logos) on the Springboard Retail screen for your customer and staff to see.
6. POS Transfer Feature Inventory accuracy is so key to any retailer! When you have multiple locations and are moving product between your locations, there is a higher risk of inventory errors. Springboard Retail has an easy to use transfer feature. This feature EASILY allows you to keep your inventory accurate as it moves from store to store. A specific transfer feature allows you to review transfer discrepancies (i.e.) Store A said they shipped 2 but store B only received 1. Or Store B received 5 but Store A shipped 2. Or maybe a size two was received when a size 4 was actually shipped. There are strong controls over creating, shipping and receiving transfers but also over review and approving transfer discrepancies! Resolving-a-discrepant-transfer.
These are just 6 of the key features that are essential to enterprise level retailers who need multi-store retail management software. We incorporated them into our system because, as retailers we know how important they are and it's our belief that all retailers from single store to multi-store retailers should have access to these features! It's these enterprise-grade features that will help all retailers sell more, profitably!
Want to talk to a sales consultant about how Springboard Retail POS can support your retail business? Let's talk!
Topics: POS software