Our sales consultants are passionate about our POS management software, they love to explain Springboard Retail's POS features, benefits and differences. But more importantly, they love to learn about your business. Don't miss a great opportunity to have them answer any questions specific to your unique business. Searching around for point of sale systems for retail is daunting (plus we know how busy you are). It can be hard to find the time to make a call. So, here are the top 10 questions our sales consultants commonly get asked... with answers of course!
1. If I make the switch, can I use my existing hardware and credit card processor? Yes! We're in the cloud and that's one of the benefits of cloud computing. We work like Facebook or Gmail, you can access us on any one of your hardware devices, Mac or PC, tablet or even your smart phone. In addition, many of the scanners and receipt printers on the market are also hardware agnostic so there's a good chance you can retain your current retail hardware devices. And lastly, Springboard works with over 95% of credit card processors within North America as well as having integrations with Heartland and Vantiv.
2. Is it tech intensive? I am not all that great with technology and I need something easy for my employees? Springboard Retail has been designed as an easy to use and learn modern POS system. We have been able to do this without sacrificing any control or reporting features within Springboard. We have a full spectrum of tech users using our POS software efficiently and effectively with a full support team to help guide you at a moment's notice if needed for any reason.
3. Can Springboard link up with E-commerce? Absolutely, we integrate directly with Magento, BigCommerce and Shopify. If you want to use another platform we have an open developer API that would allow any integration to be built.
4. What are your hours of support? US based? We are located in Boston, MA and are open when you are open! Our customer support hours are Monday - Friday, 9AM - 8 PM EST and then 10AM- 6 PM EST Saturday, Sunday, and holidays. And our customer success team is super friendly and experienced in retail!
5. Can I bring my existing data to Springboard? Can I import it easily on my own? Yes! There are three options. Firstly, we have a very comprehensive knowledge base that walks you through importing your basic data - inventory, customer and vendor lists etc.. which is easily transferred simply through an excel, csv file. Secondly, if you choose to enroll in our QuickStart program, our customer success team can work with you to upload you this data. Lastly, for very complex needs we have a data migration service. And rest assured, in this case, our development team handles your data, we do not have a third party company migrate your data like many other POS companies do.
6. How quickly can I be up and running if I were to switch? Springboard Retail can be up and running with the QuickStart package in as little as a week or two. If you chose not to opt into our QuickStart Package you are live the minute you sign a contract! We are willing to move as quickly or as slowly as you need. Keep in mind that there are a few moving parts in the process but if hardware and credit card processing are good to go, then Springboard Retail is too.
7. What do you do if the WiFi goes out? Do you have an offline mode? Springboard Retail is a web-application and to use Springboard Retail you need an active internet connection. While the internet is becoming increasingly reliable, we realize that an internet outage can happen. To ensure continued access to the internet, we recommend that you set up a redundant internet connection in your store. A couple of easy solutions are plugging in a 4G wireless cellular dongle into your wireless router which the router can fall back to in the event of an ISP outage. Or, if you have an iPad with cellular capabilities, you can fall back to cellular data on the iPad in the event that your store’s Wifi network goes down (or use your smartphone data as a mobile hotspot). Since prolonged internet outages are increasingly rare, many of our customers opt not to employ a redundant internet connection and simply revert to hand slips temporarily in the event of an outage.
8. Can I access my store data at home? You are able to access Springboard anytime, anyplace on any device. You can be at the airport, in the back of a cab or at the beach and you can see your store's data. All data is 'point-in-time' meaning that the data you see is the data at that exact moment in time. There is no lag time on data you are receiving from your store(s).
9. Why is your price so high? Can we negotiate? Springboard Retail is a full POS and retail management platform, and we ask you to think about the long-term benefits and the flexibility of the system as you consider price. We are constantly updating the platform and are focused on continually innovating to provide the best product possible at no additional cost.
10. What is the main difference between you and your competitors? The bottom line? Springboard Retail is a modern, easy to use POS and retail management platform built by retailers for retailers. We are retailers ourselves and understand the common pain points store owners have with traditional POS systems because we've lived them! We offer flexible and customizable reporting features and inventory management capabilities that allow you to get the highest level of functionality out of your POS software, enabling you to run your business more profitably.
Topics: POS software